How to access IPN?

SOHKat
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to install a pay pal donation meter for my SMF forum, and I'm stuck. For the life of me I cannot find the IPN area in my profile like the directions say. For that matter I can't find any of the spots.

How do I access this, do I have to have a special account? I have a personal account

Here are the directions of the thing I'm trying to install, and the parts I cannot find on Paypal.

# Treasury requires IPN settings in your PayPal account "Profile":
• Set 'IPN' to 'On' in "Instant Payment Notification Preferences".
• This will also require a URL to be entered - anything will do, but not blank.

The URL you set here is NOT important as Treasury operates from its own Notify and Return URLs which ignore, and are independent of, your PayPal settings.
• Why? If you already have an IPN setting activated for some other program, it will continue to function for that program.
• Example? If you have already set your IPN URL so that you can use, say, Paid Subscriptions, then you can leave the URL on PayPal as it is, and still use Treasury.

# You should also modify "Payment Receiving Preferences" in your "Profile" area:
• Check your option for "Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:".
• You should set this to the second option "No, accept them and convert them...".

Failure to do this means you will have to manually confirm each payment within your PayPal account and the donation will NOT show on your site.

# Treasury settings in "Website Payment Preferences" - you need to set:
• Set/Leave 'Auto Return' to 'On', repeat 'On' in "Website Payment Preferences".
• Set/Leave 'Payment Data Transfer' to 'Off' in "Website Payment Preferences".
If you need to have PDT 'On' for some other reason, you may have to manually add donation data.

# Settings in "Currency Balances" - these should not need changes:
The PayPal default is fine - a primary currency which is Open and all other currencies Closed.
If you do not have special reasons for operating with multiple open currencies, DO NOT fiddle!
If you do have special reasons, you will not receive exchange rate and settle amounts from PayPal for non-primary currencies which you have Open.
You WILL have to manually edit all Treasury transactions for currencies you receive that are not your Primary Currency!

Any help is very much appreciated

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

SOHKat
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone else has trouble with this. Here's how ya do it. You have to upgrade your account from personal otherwise you do not get these options.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.