How long does an "Inquiry by PayPal" take?

coloradojohn

I sell coaching services in Italian, and I made a sale of my coaching services 6 days ago to a customer in Italy. Immediately after the sale was made, I was notified by PayPal of an "Inquiry by PayPal" and "Temporary Hold" on the funds.

So my question is, how long is "temporary"?

Thanks,

John

P.S. The buyer has not disputed anything. In fact, he's eager for the coaching to begin!

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Maybe one day PayPal will decide to open a bunch of disputes for me and I can awaken to lots of free cash in my PP account ;).

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I am still a bit erked by this........I can not understand why a repeat customers purchase would all of a sudden trigger a red flag.  I've left voicemails at corporate headquarters so maybe someone outside of the security team in Omaha can help explain why this decision was made.  Typically the C levels at PP have absolutely no idea why certain decisions were/are made :/.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Over 9 voice mails left for decision makers in the company.  In the past these calls have been returned within 24 hours and typically followed up by a standard CS rep the following day.  The fact that no response was given leads me to believe the decision was bad and no one wants to acknowledge it or simply no one cares about this one.  Yet again I am reminded today that less and less resources should be put into PayPal and other merchant accounts start to sound better by the day.

But ask yourself this.......will PayPal one day come between you and your business by putting stress on business relationships?  This needs to be considered by anyone relying on PP.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I'm leaving more messages and will post back if any response is received.....

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Still nothing.....do they even care?  I think not.....

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I give up, no upper level at PP cares this go around nor does any PP employee's who frequent this board.  I've come to the conclusion that in many cases a PP dispute is a simple coin flip and feel in this case that I lost the flip.

Good luck to others in this situation.....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.