How long does an "Inquiry by PayPal" take?

coloradojohn

I sell coaching services in Italian, and I made a sale of my coaching services 6 days ago to a customer in Italy. Immediately after the sale was made, I was notified by PayPal of an "Inquiry by PayPal" and "Temporary Hold" on the funds.

So my question is, how long is "temporary"?

Thanks,

John

P.S. The buyer has not disputed anything. In fact, he's eager for the coaching to begin!

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Been in your shoes many of times lately and like you the buyer was not the one to open the dispute.  Expect a wait time of 10-21 days for the hold to be released if it is not given back to buyer.  You may want to hold any services offered until the funds clear to your account.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sadly, I find myself in the same situation again where the buyer is a repeat customer and likes my service yet the payment has been on hold for over 4 days without any update Smiley Sad.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

5 days and still no update

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Six days and nothing still.....I will continue to post a day count so other members who have had inquiry's launched against them will understand what timeline to expect.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

7 days and not update on this one.  Customer has stated he has called PP and asked them to remove the hold 6 days ago.  At least customer has agreed to continue business using AlertPay so that's at least a good thing.

Login to Me Too

fyrstopr

Don't expect Paypal to do anything in a timely manner. I have been waiting two weeks for a $2500USD transfer to show up in my Paypal account. I have been on hold a total of 45 minutes to speak to someone who can barely speak English to tell me there's nothing they can do. Paypal **bleep** and I am closing my account as soon as my issue is resolved.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Update: At some point today it did make it to the "Under Review By PayPal" status. 

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Well, it's still being reviewed making this 7 days+

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Tonight PayPal reversed the transaction.......so a customer who has done business with me 8 times is ok but the 9th time there must be a problem and we must refund him.  Now I can only hope the customer does the right thing and pays me again via another payment processor such as alertpay.  Hopefully they will not reverse the transaction also.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.