How do secondary users log onto business accounts?

BBC_RAY
Contributor
Contributor

I am not technical so I need to give access to my business account to a computer guy without giving access to the money.  I see that I am able to set up additional users and it appears I can limit their privileges, however, when I test logging on this new user, I get the following:

Secondary user logins are not currently supported. Please log in using the primary user's email address and password.

Does this functionality no longer work?

I see prior posts related to this topic, but I can not reply to them.  Here is one of them, but again following these instructions doesn't work:

"You can add users, such as employees, and Developers to your PayPal Business account and give them access to your account based on security privileges you've selected. Here's how:

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
  2. Click "Profile" at the top of the page.
  3. Click "Manage Users" in the Account Information column.
  4. Click "Add User."
  5. Enter the user's name, a user ID, and a password. The user will use this ID and password to log in to your PayPal account.
  6. Check the box for each of the privileges you're allowing this user.
  7. Click "Save."

When logging in to the PayPal account, a secondary user will enter their User ID in the "Email address" section.

Amanda"

Can anyone tell me if secondary user with limited access is possible and if so, how do they log on?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Admetric
New Community Member

Did you figured that out ?

Login to Me Too

BBC_RAY
Contributor
Contributor

No - it does not appear to be possible any longer.  If anyone learns otherwise, please advise.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello BBC_RAY,

I am sorry you are having a hard time adding users to your Business account, I hope I can be of help.

You can add another person to your Business account and control how much of your account they can access. Account privileges include things like editing your profile, viewing your account balance, and discussing your account with Customer Service.

Here's how to add or update a secondary person's information on your Business account:

We’re introducing a new and improved Profile to some customers. Until all customers are using the new Profile, there are 2 sets of instructions on how to do this. Please follow the instructions that match what you see on the site.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click “Profile.”
  3. Click “Manage Users” under Account Information, and then click “Add User.”
  4. Enter your secondary user's name, then create a user ID and password.
  5. Select which account privileges you want the user to have, and then click “Save.”

Or

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click “Profile.”
  3. Click "My settings."
  4. Click "Update" next to "Manage users."
  5. Click "Add user" to enter the user's information and then click "Save."

You can add up to 200 secondary users to your Business account.

A secondary user must have special permission to discuss your account with Customer Service.

Here’s how to let a secondary user discuss your account with Customer Service:

1. Select “Discuss Account with Customer Service” and click “Save.”
  2. Read the Account Administrator Agreement, and then click “Accept.”

After you've accepted the agreement, "Edit Profile," "View Profile," and "View Balance" are automatically selected.

If you give the secondary user "Edit Profile" access, "View Profile" is automatically selected. If you give the secondary user "Withdraw Funds" access, then "View Balance" is automatically selected.

If you give the secondary user "Scheduled Downloadable Log and Settlement File" access, that user can't be given any other access privileges. You must create an additional logon if you want that user to have additional access privileges.

Misty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.