How do i create my own discount promo codes

nate_24
Contributor
Contributor

I'd like to email out a promotion code for $20 off online purchases to our internet newletter subscribers.
How do i set this up. Also if it can be done to have this promotional code only apply to certain products.

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

Coffee
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

All of the Discount examples on my site can easily be edited for your needs.    Depending on the script, you would either need to edit the script in the header or extrernal .js file.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

nate_24
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using one of the examples scripts but on checkout it keeps showing the business email for business name.

The paypal account for this email is a BUSINSESS account and it has a specified business name that i thought should show up in theory.

It works PERFECTLY when i put in my email address in the code.  it replaces my email with my business name on the purchase screen.

i met with the client once already to to verify he has a business account and has a business name specified. (it does)

Is there any additional settings on his account that could cause his email instead of the business name to show up on the paypal purchase screen.

The only thing i can think of is that might be the cause, is I need and don't have the primary email address for his paypal account to put in the code. 

Before i contact him again is there anything else, any settings, at all that could be causing this to happen?

skier - i hope your out there

Login to Me Too

nate_24
Contributor
Contributor

Nevermind I answered my own question i did need the primary email address.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Nice, glad you have it resolved.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

kidbeano
Contributor
Contributor

Hi skier-

I was wondering on your examples for discount codes, if there was a way to have more then one code added. My client would like a "springbreak" to be 10% off an item and "fallbreak" to be %30 off an item. Is there a way to to do this with your code? Oh I am using the promo code%10 off with check it button.

thanks, sarah 

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

This example uses multiple codes/discounts and can be tweaked for more or less.  So does this one.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

thekohser
Contributor
Contributor

It's utterly disappointing that PayPal's level of "resident" support for helping merchants with discount/coupon codes is utterly nil... which leaves these Community Forum threads vulnerable to folks like "skier" who are just trying to exploit the page with outbound links, and they'll get absolutely belligerant with people who don't understand or care to understand the application of custom Java script.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Nice.   You need to move on, it's clear you have issues. 

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

thekohser
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for proving my point so quickly and obviously, skier.  How's the Quilting site and building its link relevance?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.