How do I set up a "Buy Now" button and program it for DIGITAL GOODS instead of shipping???

TNUser
New Community Member

This has GOT to be the most non-user friendly site I've encoutered in a long time. Setting up Google Checkout for digital delivery was a snap. Paypal? I've spent over 2 hours searching for instructions and can't find a darn thing. Can't even find the category! Does ANYONE know how to customize a Buy Now button for DIGITAL DELIEVERY to be added for my website??? You'll be my hero! Off to find a Xanax...

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

TNUser
New Community Member

Help! How on earth do a program a Buy Now button to handle digital delivery instead of shipping? Pulliing my HAIR OUT!

Login to Me Too

richardc020
Contributor
Contributor

Isn't this question the same as DIGITAL GOODS...Buy Now Button??

See this pdf's page 275 for "Offering Product Options With Add to Cart Buttons".

Login to Me Too

bdubdrum
Contributor
Contributor

Not helpful richardc020,

You posted the same thing on both posts... bouncing people back and forth, then provided a link to a PDF file that has zero information regarding the question at hand. Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

bdubdrum
Contributor
Contributor

This is what I found so far:

Here’s what you’ll need to do to integrate PayPal for Digital Goods (Express Checkout):

• Provide line item details in the API calls, including a flag to indicate that the items are digital goods.
  • Use a new “CMD” value of “_express-checkout-in-context” in the redirect URL to PayPal.
  • Insert a JavaScript snippet within your website to facilitate the in-context PayPal experience.
  • Ensure you’re using API Version 6X.0 or higher.

Set up PayPal for Digital Goods (Express Checkout): https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=acct_setup/Setup_Solut...

Not much help for me. I only know basic HTML coding.

I'm using Tinypay.me. With their 5% fee and PayPal's micopayment fees it's still cheaper than Google. 

----->  If PayPal can make some sample code or some cut and paste integration we could easily start selling music files (for example) right away, ourselves and PayPal would start making more money from fees from the get go.  <------

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello TNUser,

Welcome to the Forums.

I am sorry you have searched for over 2 hours and have not found anything about what you are looking for, here is the direct link on how to set up Digital Goods. I hope this is what you where looking for and will help you out.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.