How do I create a discount code for use the Paypal shopping cart?

jackfrisch
Contributor
Contributor

I would like o create a code that certain customers can use at my Paypal shopping cart to receive discounts when purchases large numbers of itemsor say if they are wholesales of my products,

How can I create such codes?

And can I create more then one?

Any help appreciated

Jack Frisch

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kenzilisa
Contributor
Contributor

I found this post that answers your question, tho it's not good news: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Merchant-services/Offering-customers-a-promotional-code-or-Coupo...

I hope they fix this soon. It seems like a really basic option to have.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello jackfrisch and kenzilisa,

It is possible to create code with the PayPal shopping cart to receive discounts. However when creating the code you would add additional variables in the last step when creating your PayPal button. The PayPal shopping cart is a very simple cart to use with the option to add options by customizing the cart check out. The best place to get advice on how to customize your cart to offer discounts or coupons would be the PayPal Developer Forum. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

trostlesantique
Contributor
Contributor

Spoiler

I've thought of a solution to the discount code issue - simply offer a rebate.   I am a small antiques dealer and can't afford a website AND shopping cart, so I used paypal's free add to cart buttons to process payments.   I want to run a sale, but can't afford the time or effort to change every button!     I plan on offering a 10% Rebate sale on my website - that is, after sale, I will rebate back 10% of the total merchandise price.   Does anyone see a flaw with this idea?   thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.