How can I set up a Buy Now and a Subscription on same purchase?

dg62
New Community Member

Hi, new here and don't know hardly anything about setting this up. I have signed up for PayPal's Website Payments Standard at the suggestion of the representative. I'm having difficulty finding out how to set up a Buy Now and a Subscription purchase in the same transaction.

When purchasing product on my website for a certain application, the customer must:

1) Make a device selection 

a) Wireless device

b) Hardwired device

2) Make a Monthly Service Plan selection

a) Month 2 Month

b) 3 months (paid in advance)

c) 6 months (padin in advance)

3) I need #2 selection above to become a Recurring Subscription Invoice based on the time frame the customer has chosen above.

How do I allow my customer to make each selection and pay in only one transaction AND get automatic recurring billing?

Can it be done? 

If not, how do I do this? 

Thanks in advance. Man Happy

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello dg62,

Welcome to the Forums.

To allow your customers to select the three devices and set up a subscription would take some additional steps that you may need to speak to a developer about.

You can set up recurring billing on your website with Express Checkout and Website Payments Pro. Both Express Checkout and Websites Payments Pro require a developer with API programming ability.

If you offer Express Checkout and recurring payments, customers can pay with their PayPal account. If you offer Websites Payments Pro and recurring payments, your customers can pay without a PayPal account, using their debit or credit card.

Alternatively, you can create a "Subscribe" button for a quick way to accept subscription-type payments on your website. You can use the "Subscribe" button to bill customers on a regular basis, charge membership fees, or offer subscription services. We provide the HTML code which you copy and paste in to your website's code.

For additional information about Recurring Payments please click here

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.