Having problems with Paypal Java SDK for Encrypted Website Payments

Katura
Contributor
Contributor

I've really been struggling to get working code, good examples...and most importantly, good documentation on how to use Paypal's Java SDK for Encrypting Website Payments.

I went to https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=p/xcl/rec/ewp-code and downloaded the Paypal Java SDK. Within the zip, there is a ReadMe.txt file with instructions for setup. You can tell that this file, and its components, haven't been updated along with the current version of Java (which is 1.6, update 26)....as the Readme file indicates a version of 1.4.2.

I went to Bouncy Castle's site - http://www.bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html - to download the latest versions of the following jars :

bcmail-jdk16-146.jar

bcpg-jdk16-146.jar

bcprov-jdk16-146.jar

bctest-jdk16-146.jar

I then went to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html to download the

Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files

I put all the JARS in the appropriate folders, updated the classpath and then tried to compile the ClientSide.java class that came with the Paypal Java SDK.

The compiler tells me that there are deprecated classes, showing me the following errors after recompiling with -Xlint.

.\palmb\servlets\paypal\ClientSide.java:98: warning: [deprecation] addSigner(jav
a.security.PrivateKey,java.security.cert.X509Certificate,java.lang.String) in org.bouncycastle.cms.CMSSignedDataGenerator has been deprecated
                signedGenerator.addSigner( privateKey, certificate, CMSSignedDataGenerator.DIGEST_SHA1 );
                               ^
.\palmb\servlets\paypal\ClientSide.java:101: warning: [unchecked] unchecked call
 to add(E) as a member of the raw type java.util.ArrayList
                certList.add(certificate);
                            ^
.\palmb\servlets\paypal\ClientSide.java:103: warning: [deprecation] addCertificatesAndCRLs(java.security.cert.CertStore) in org.bouncycastle.cms.CMSSignedGenerator has been deprecated
                signedGenerator.addCertificatesAndCRLs(certStore);
                               ^
.\palmb\servlets\paypal\ClientSide.java:110: warning: [deprecation] generate(org.bouncycastle.cms.CMSProcessable,boolean,java.lang.String) in org.bouncycastle.cms.CMSSignedDataGenerator has been deprecated
                CMSSignedData signedData = signedGenerator.generate(cmsByteArray, true, "BC");
                                                          ^
.\palmb\servlets\paypal\ClientSide.java:115: warning: [deprecation] addKeyTransRecipient(java.security.cert.X509Certificate) in org.bouncycastle.cms.CMSEnvelopedGenerator has been deprecated  envGenerator.addKeyTransRecipient(payPalCert);
                            ^
.\palmb\servlets\paypal\ClientSide.java:116: warning: [deprecation] generate(org.bouncycastle.cms.CMSProcessable,java.lang.String,java.lang.String) in org.bouncycastle.cms.CMSEnvelopedDataGenerator has been deprecated
                CMSEnvelopedData envData = envGenerator.generate( new CMSProcessableByteArray(signed),
                                                       ^
6 warnings

I have Java 1.6 running on my machine. Why hasn't Paypal upgraded their Java SDK??

So then, what are my options at this point? I need help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Katura
Contributor
Contributor

...bump...

Doesn't anybody have any help they can provide to my problem?

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Katura,

You have very good questions, however PayPal does have a Developer Forum that would be able to better answer your questions. Here is a direct link. I hope this will help.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.