Forms at the time of checkout, buy now AND subscribe button

Wendy5098
New Community Member

Hi! I'm re-designing a website for a local non-profit. They are doing a LOT of stuff and need some help with their checkout process. Specificially, I need help with this stuff:

1. Can I tie into a fillable pdf format for all our registration materials with the checkout process (subscription) that auto-sends to the director for emergency contact AND is printable by the person filling it out?
  2. Can I tie the pdf to the paypal button, so it's AT THE TIME of registration?
  3. Can I make 2 pay pal buttons per registration, one for tuition one for a t-shirt?

They are a non-profit, so the Standard level is about as far as they are able to go. I'm pretty good tweaking stuff so if I have to do some Web magic I'm good with that. :>) Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Wendy,

PayPal would in this case be only processing the payment, the pdf email/download mechanism would be entirely up to you. However, PayPal does have few mechanisms that could help you trigger the email. (If I understood correctly)

1. Fillable PDF - I'm not sure what how PDF organizes interactive elements. From what I know the easiest way is to get the HTML form and convert it to PDF. An example of such form would probably be such payment button:

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="email.at.test.com">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="test item">
<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="10.00">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="EUR">
<table>
<tr><td><input type="hidden" name="on0" value="field to edit">field to edit</td></tr><tr><td><input type="text" name="os0" maxlength="60"></td></tr>
<tr><td><input type="hidden" name="on1" value="another field">another field</td></tr><tr><td><input type="text" name="os1" maxlength="60"></td></tr>
<tr><td><input type="hidden" name="on2" value="ok, one more">ok, one more</td></tr><tr><td><input type="text" name="os1" maxlength="60"></td></tr>
</table>
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_buynowCC_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit">
</form>

This button has 3 edit fields. You can have up to 6 or 7 such fields (officially).

2. If you want the button to be in the PDF - as above. It may work. If you'd like the PDF to be delivered to the buyer once they completed the payment - you'd need to use a feature called Instant Payment Notification. It sends payment information to your script which can be set to send an email to the buyer.

3. You won't be able to trigger 2 transactions with a single button, if this is what you mean.

I probably misunderstood some aspects. If you clarify, I may be able to help more.

Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.