Error message, please help!

shanikam
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting this error message once my "buy now" button is clicked on, 

We were unable to decrypt the certificate id.  What do I need to do to correct this for business?  My website is www.shanikamoran.com.  I use wordpress.  Thank you!

Shanika

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

shanikam
Contributor
Contributor

I've deleted my cookies, and this error message still appears....thanks!

Shanika

Login to Me Too

AOAUrban
Contributor
Contributor

This same this is happening to me too.  I just published my new website and was testing to see whether shopping cart and everything worked.  When i went to pay with paypal it said that there was error re encryption.  i hope someone answers your question soon. 

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello shanikam,

Welcome to the Forums.

There is a way to correct this error, log into your PayPal account and click on profile (under my account), if you have the old profile you will see (account info, financial info, and selling preferences) and if you have the new profile you will see (my business info, my money, my settings, my selling tools). Once you click on profile with the old profile you will click on website payment preferences, scroll to the middle of the page and make sure Block Non-encrypted Website Payment is off. If you have the new profile you will click on My Selling Tools, click on update next to website preferences and scroll to the middle of the page and make sure Block Non-encrypted Website Payment is off. This should fix the error you are getting. 

Smiley HappyMisty   

Login to Me Too

shanikam
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Misty!  This worked!  Smiley Happy

Shanika

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello shanikam,

I am glad to hear this worked for you, have a good weekend.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

AOAUrban
Contributor
Contributor

and it worked for me toooooo!  Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello AOAUrban,

Yay! I am so glad we made progress together and solved the problem, I love to hear that. Have a wonderful weekend.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.