Email link to paypal button not working.

egrandi
Contributor
Contributor

I created a Paypal button that included an email link.

When please click the link they get this message -

PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem.

I went back to edit the link to see what happened the tab for the email link is gone and only the web site HTML code is there.

Help!

Ed

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You need to post the code you created, else there's no way to help.  We need to see what is going on.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

GH
New Community Member

Hi Skier,

I'm wondering if you can help me with a separate but related issue.  I want to grab the code for the email link to use on a wordpress blog (I know how to use the image/link to do this) but for some reason when creating a button I am not even given the option of email link - just the web code.

Do you have any thoughts on why this might (not) be happening and what I can do to get the email code? I'm experienced with buttons and integration on websites, etc. I've verified this is not a wordpress issue but it seems to be a problem with getting the link code to appear in PayPal's button creation area.

THANKS!

Login to Me Too

GH
New Community Member

Just broke down and called PP Help and discovered why this is occurring for me. When creating your button, you can't have a customized option, for instance a text field for names or even a drop-down menu with different prices. This sucks, but at least now I know why it's happening.

The work-around is either to leave the price blank and adequately advertise on your site that the customer needs to do the math and enter the correct amount when checking out, or use a shopping cart.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

What you were told is correct.  Note, this is not a PayPal reason, it's the nature of text links.

You can build your own Button Text Links from scratch or take advantage of the Online Button Creator within your PayPal Account.   After generating the button code online, select the "Email" tab to view the Text Link Code.   Note, the "Email" tab will not be available if have included dropdown selections or text boxes in your item button code.   This is because you cannot include dropdown selections or text boxes in a Text or Hyperlink.

Check out this page as it demonstrates the various use of text or hyperlink examples.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.