EBAY ISSUE with BUYER NEED DVICE

Singlemommy4343
New Community Member

I listed an item, listed what you got with the item. I shipped it two day with sig/insurence like pay pal said. Buyer is unhappy becuse he says he cannot get it to work. I informed him he needs to buy the other parts, the other bidders had the parts etc. I am at a loss as to what to do? I have 100% feedback but am new to ebay and pay pal. I don't feel that I should have to take the item back because he didn't read what was included etc? But on the other hand I don't want bad feedback? What do I do???

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cleverusername
Contributor
Contributor

It's really a shame how these situations can turn out, but because of the lack of help from ebay/paypal, it would be in your own best interest to ask for the item back and refund the illiterate buyer's money.  It's unfair, but ebay backs up the dumbest customers over any merchant!  Personally I don't sell regularly on ebay, but my step-father owns a business run on ebay.  Over the years, he has found that when there's a dispute that's based on the customer being ignorant (unless a buyer's trying to scam you), it's easier to simply refund the buyer's money.  It'll save your feedback from unnecessary abuse, and you'll rid yourself of the annoyance much faster.  If there were other offers, email those buyers and let them know the item is available, and once you receive the returned item refund the jerk's money and sell it to someone who can read.  Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.