Dynamically creating Add To Cart code, what's wrong?

ab327
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I am at my wits end with this issue and I can't find a solution anywhere.

I am using PHP to generate Add to Cart buttons for the products on my friend's website. We are using the secure merchant id (we think) and not the account email. but I get the error message:

"PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem."

when trying to add to cart.

Please refer to the following example and if you could tell me what (if anything) I'm missing in terms of the HTML. Otherwise could it be a setting in her paypal account that needs to be set correctly?

http://www.karenrothwell.com/?product=mokume-gane-cufflinks

Surely I'm missing something really obvious.

Please help me fix this!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello ab327, 

Ummm, that is really strange! When I test the button from your website it works just fine for me, I am using IE 7 if that helps at all. I would suggest clearing your cache and cookies, try another Internet browser and restart your computer. If that does not work file a ticket with our Merchant Technical team and they can look into the it for you.

I hope that helps.

~Misty 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Just to let you know, but you're currently not using the 'secure merchant ID' as indicated by the value of 'business' in the <form>. 

You can simply replace the value of this field with the secure merchant ID as found on the PayPal Profile of the PayPal account.

The button works for me as well, and appears to be technically correct.

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.