Does the payer need to have a paypal account for subscription payments?

mrsam
Contributor
Contributor

Can I setup auto rebill style billing from a credit card, so that my customer will get billed the same amount each month from his credit card, without him having a paypal account?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MichaeLori
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Probably yes, but do not expect assitance from PayPal in by-passing PayPal services Woman Tongue

Well, look at it this way: somebody needs to bill your customer every months. He/she is charging fees for this service.

PayPal is good choice for subcsription agent. It makes a little harder for a customer to cancel this subscription.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello mrsam,

Welcome to the Forums.

If your client does not have a PayPal account they can call you directly to cancel their subscription or call PayPal directly to to cancel it. To contact PayPal they can simply click on the contact us link at the bottom of the PayPal home page. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

mrsam
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Misty,

Thanks for the reply. So that is a yes, I can charge my clients a recurring payment on their credit card through paypal, without them needing an account? 

I, the receiver of the payments obviously have an account, (the first posters reply made me think that was not clear?).

Which accounts allow that? Is there a fee beyond the normal paypal fees?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.