Does the basic Shopping Cart (Payments Standard) capture the buyer's contact information?

sullivanandco
Contributor
Contributor

Probably a silly question, but I just want to make sure before I meet with a client tomorrow...

When I buy something using the basic shopping cart, and I sign in to my Paypal account, I can review my order and select shipping options etc before placing the order.

Just above the "Pay Now" button, it says "Contact information" -- does this information get sent to the merchant? I'm assuming yes... but you know what happens when you make assumptions.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello

Sorry someone did not reply soonerSmiley Sad. The answer to your question is - yes, the buyers information will be sent to the Merchant. You will be able to log into your PayPal account and view the transaction details in your History Log. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sullivanandco
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone? Please?

Login to Me Too
Solved

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello

Sorry someone did not reply soonerSmiley Sad. The answer to your question is - yes, the buyers information will be sent to the Merchant. You will be able to log into your PayPal account and view the transaction details in your History Log. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

sullivanandco
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Misty!

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello sullivanandco,

I love to hear I was able to help out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

sullivanandco
Contributor
Contributor

Heh. Actually, Misty, if I could just get oooooone little clarification: does the buyer's contact information always include their email address, or is that optional (or not revealed)?

THANKS!  Smiley Tongue

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello sullivanandco,

Heh Smiley Very Happy why yes I can answer that for you! Yes,  the buyer's contact information will always include their email address.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.