Do the Website "Add to Cart" buttons expire?

Ikarian
New Community Member

Hi there-

I'm working on a little project here...  Using my personal PayPal account, I am building a modest site to use as a wedding/honeymoon registry for my fiancee and I.  Before the site goes live, I want to make sure I get any bugs worked out ahead of time.  Paypal has those lovely button builder pages, where I can specify a few parameters, and they will provide me with the coding to add a Paypal "Add to Cart" button to my webpage.

Do these buttons expire?  Are there any other pitfalls I should know about before I begin this process?  I have only ever used Paypal for casual Ebay buying/selling, so I'm a little leary of things like reserve holds on my account (which would be pointless, as these are payments going to our honeymoon fund, and not for tangible objects that are at risk for refund), etc.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

R

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MichaeLori
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You may Save buttons at PayPal - they would not expire Woman Happy They stay with thier ID number inside.

If you edit them later (change the price) - the code stay the same.

You may spend some time tesing your website using the Sandbox tools of PayPal.

Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Ikarian,

Welcome to the Forums.

Just to add to MichaeLori, no PayPal buttons do not expire and they do not change unless you update the button in your PayPal account and copy and re-paste the code to the website. Congrats on the wedding and honeymoon, hope you have a fantastic time.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.