DOES PAYPAL SEND AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION TO BUYER AFTER I PRINT A SHIPPING LABEL?

VCreations
Contributor
Contributor

I have a question for anyone who can answer:

I recently started using PayPal to print shipping labels and I must know if after printing a label does PayPal automatically send out an email notification to the customer to let them know that the package is on the way which would include all of the tracking information etc. or do you have to manually do this yourself?

Also, is there a location, (settings, etc.) on our account where we can choose this as an option if it is available because I cannot find it.

Thanks to anyone who responds and have a blessed weekend!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

alwaysfit
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal actually automatically does that, your buyer will get a detailed email with the tracking number and order information and custom order transaction number. Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

VCreations
Contributor
Contributor

thank you so much for responding alwaysfit.

i actually researched a little further and found the answer through a "PayPal FAQ section" on eBay.

thanks again and have a blessed holiday weekend!

Login to Me Too

Ianaam2

However, if one enters the payment using Virtual Terminal for a credit card payment, a shipping notification email is not sent to the buyer.  This is especially inconvenient if you use Paypal to process credit card payments for a website.  As a consequence, MultiOrder shipping is not a good solution for sellers that process a lot of credit card payments.  It's too bad, because I would prefer not to have to use a 3d party shipping program (and pay the extra fees) but Paypal forces me to.  As a consequence, I use Shipworks.

Side note-the Board spell checker does not recognize "Paypal" Hah!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.