Customer charged double shipping

SEGraphics
Contributor
Contributor

I sell through a website called Cargoh. I got my first order today and noticed that the shipping was wrong. They were charged $4.00 shipping and $4.00 handling. I NEVER charge handling through any website that I sell through. I'm not even sure how I would charge a handling fee in my Paypal account.

I contacted the website they said that it's a Paypal issue. I don't think that it is since I sell through 4 other websites and I haven't had this problem before. The Cargoh people said I should delete the shipping information in my Paypal account, but I can't do that since I use that shipping for my own website. I do have the box checked that says to override my shipping charges when the transaction comes in with shipping attached.

So my questions are... can I charge a handling fee through Paypal? If so, where do I find that information?

I know I've never set up any handling fee information, but maybe I can go in a disable it.

It's almost like Cargoh has the transaction information set up wrong. Like they're sending the shipping info as handling and my Paypal shipping is being attached because they're sending it as handling. So the result is a double charge.

I'm not sure what else I can do. I would appreciate any help or information. 

Thanks,

Stephen

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello SEGraphics,

You are right, there is not a way to set up a handling fee in your PayPal account. I would have to say there is not a way set up a handling fee, you can only set up tax and shipping in your PayPal account. I hope this helps at least a little.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.