Custom paypal button that a price may depends on several factors

tdao
Contributor
Contributor

I'm building a simple shopping cart for my photo website using the Add To Cart button. However, I'm running into several problems that I don't know how to solve. I have searched the internet but I haven't found an example for my problem so I hope I could find the answer here. If anyone can help, please shed light for the following problems:

1. How could I configure the shopping cart to charge shipping only if the amount is below a certain amount. For example, if total amount is below $50, the Paypal checkout page will charge a $5 shipping fee. Otherwise, it would be $0.

2. How can I create a price that depends on more than 1 option? For example, I want to let customer to choose type of print and size of print for a photo. Based on these factors, an appropriate price would be created. A table of the selections can look like this:

Type             Size         Price

Canvas        4x6"         $5

10x15"    $10

Fine Print     4x6"         $2

10x15"     $4

It seems I can create separate button for each price per size per type, but this is a headache to handle as the options list may grow later. Would it be possible to define a single Paypal button with all the prices are defined for all options combinations? Then I would only need to use javascript to let customer select the options for an item and hit Add To Cart, the checkout page would automatically select the correct price for me.

Thanks a lot!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.