Custom Payment Pages - Enhanced vs. Classic - Seems Customization is Lost with Enhanced?

lustech
New Community Member

This may be a really silly question, but aren't we actually LOSING customization with PayPal's enhanced Custom Payment Pages?

From what I can tell, this is what I can/cannot do on each:

Enhanced: 

• No Custom Header
  • No Custom Header Color
  • No background colors
  • Custom Logo over the cart area
  • Custom Color on the gradient around the cart area

Classic:

• Custom Header
  • Custom Header Color
  • Custom Color for Background

It seems that with enhanced, I actually lose the ability to make the checkout page look like our web site (which has a black background). 

It also seems that Paypal is saying that Classic is being phased out? 

My business problem is that I would like the page to be black background (as much as possible) and put in a custom header.  It is kind of crappy that I cannot for sure know who will get classic vs. enhanced at this point because it is partially enforced for some types of purchases vs. others.  I saw where I can specify the style to use in a checkout, but the problem is that it may be the "Classic" version or the "Enhanced" version of that style.

I appreciate anyone weighing in on this because the PayPal documentation is not comprehensive.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello lustech, 

Welcome to the Forums. 

It is not a silly question! PayPal is in the process of eventually phasing out the classic payment pages. And you can customize the enhanced Custom Payment Pages by logging into your PayPal account, click on the profile link, click on My selling tools, click update next to custom payment pages, click Add, and you can edit each page section. By editing each section you should be able to make the check out page custom to your website. Let me know if this will help.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.