Custom Donate button & credit card display

Banar
Contributor
Contributor

We are setting a website for non-profit. 

There is DONATE NOW button on their website with hover (mouse over). I generated donate button code, it gave me 2 codes WEB and EMAIL.

1) I don't see the way to use WEB version of the code and use hover button, am I missing something? 

2) Can I just link the website button using short donate button code version that was not in WEB but in EMAIL tab?

3) Once someone clicks DONATE button, it shows paypal login and to pay by credit card visitors have to click small "continue". It is hard to see, is there any way to make the donate link to open the page where right column has paypal login window and in left column credit card details window?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Banar,

What I meant by "I can put in a feature request for you," is I can bring this request to our developers attention for something that can be done in the future. I do understand how the small continue could be hard for your target market but it is just not something that can be changed at this time. And as for the button you can use the email link as well as the HTML code for a hover over button. The HTML code is generally used for a button on a website and the e-mail code is used to send out in an email. Are you wanting to use the e-mail code because you are trying to create an effect to the button for example (rollover the button and another button appears or changes color)? I hope this makes sense.

Smiley HappyMisty 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Banar,

Welcome to the Forums.

When creating a PayPal button the last step generates HTML code to copy and paste to your website. When the button is clicked on by the the donor the button would take them to the PayPal page for the donor to select an amount or enter their own amount. If  you are trying to create a hover over effect this would take some additional HTML coding not available in PayPal's button factory. Smiley Sad

When directed to the checkout page it does show PayPal login on the right and "Don't have a PayPal account?" on the left, and unfortunately the little continue link is not able to be made larger. I can certainly put in a feature request for you though.

I hope this all makes sense, please let me know if you have additional questions.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Banar
Contributor
Contributor

Misty,

Thank you for the info. 

The non-profit organization we design a website for targets eldery people that are 55+, most is probably 65+ and small continue is not good enough. What do you mean by saying "I can certainly put in a feature request for you"? Is this something PayPal can activate on our account or you are going to request it as a feature for the future for all users?

As of the donate button and hover do we really have to use the code generated for WEB? (the one with <form action...>)

Can't we just use the the code generated for EMAIL? (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=HDjskHDEXAMPLE)?

What would be the benefit of using web over the email ver?

Login to Me Too
Solved

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Banar,

What I meant by "I can put in a feature request for you," is I can bring this request to our developers attention for something that can be done in the future. I do understand how the small continue could be hard for your target market but it is just not something that can be changed at this time. And as for the button you can use the email link as well as the HTML code for a hover over button. The HTML code is generally used for a button on a website and the e-mail code is used to send out in an email. Are you wanting to use the e-mail code because you are trying to create an effect to the button for example (rollover the button and another button appears or changes color)? I hope this makes sense.

Smiley HappyMisty 

Login to Me Too

Banar
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Misty,

The small "continue" may be the only problem. I'm just trying to find out what is the other way to do it, maybe people would be able to enter the donation amount on their website and once they click DONATE it would open a page with generated invoice? would it make any difference? would the fees be the same? and would it be possible to customize the look then?

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Banar,

I wish it was possible to edit information on the PayPal checkout page but it just isn't, I am not sure how you could have your customers enter in the donation amount on the website and click DONATE to open a page with a generated invoice, I would have to say this would take some additional integration. No matter how the transaction is processed the fee would remain the same. You may be able to find better answers about what you are trying to accomplish on the Developer Forums, please click here.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Banar
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Misty.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Banar,

You are very welcome, I wish you luck on trying to get this all worked out how you would like. Have a good weekend.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.