Credit Card payment form without the "Create PayPal Password"

Nickalf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PPC,

1) If, as stated by PayPal, we can offer CC payments without our customers signing up for PayPal, why does it force them to enter a Pay Password ??

2)  Is it possible to offer separate payment pages. One for just PayPal (of course it is) and one for just Creait Card without showing the PayPal name (I doubt it) ?!?!?

Thanks for any guidence,

Nick. . .

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Nice, and don't forget to mark this thread solved.

Regards,

skier

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Suggest reading the tip on this page titled:

**  Things to know Website Payments Standard's Credit Card Option or PayPal Account Optional as referred to in the User Guides:

The tip explains everything you need to know about offering Credit Card Option.

Note, there are no features or options to offer separate payment pages.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Nickalf
Contributor
Contributor

Thanx

Nick. . .

Login to Me Too
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Nice, and don't forget to mark this thread solved.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Nickalf
Contributor
Contributor

I will, but it didn't work ( yet )

I'd already tried it by following your reply on that "I fired PayPal" post (hence the message I sent to you direct @ your website)..

I don't have the time this weekend (maybe Sunday night) but I'll re-check all the Tip you have on your site and see if I missed something..   I deleted all the cookies (how annoying having to do that each test) and it works all the way down to the asking for the password and forcing them to sign up.

It's bad enough forcing the PayPal logo on everyone but I don't want to have to force people to sign up for PayPal

Though I trust PayPal (I've used them since before eBay bought them - what a disaster it was back then) many don't and they find it confusing so stay away as soon as they see anything PayPal related so I'll also be offering GoogleCO, though
I'm not too happy about that either - (just no pleasing some people) 🙂

Thanks again

Login to Me Too

Nickalf
Contributor
Contributor

OK, thanks Ed - I figured out hwta was wronmg....

I have another question but will start a new thread so not to confuse and to let others find it in a search.

the Title will be "How to interface multiple Websites, Companies and Currencies" if you can help out agin.

Will mark this as 'solved'...

Nick. . .

Login to Me Too

steviebar
Contributor
Contributor

Can you tell us how this issue was solved?

Login to Me Too

Ramzaan
New Community Member

Please share the solution

Login to Me Too

Nickalf
Contributor
Contributor

This topic is closed, marked as "solved"

All you have to do, is the same as I did and read the "Suggest reading the tip on this page titled:" above to see how to create an encrypted account button for it to work..

NIck. . .

P.s. We won't be checking back here any more...

Login to Me Too

kiwinz
Contributor
Contributor

The link in the "solution" is not valid.  Please could someone at PayPal answer this question with clear instructions. 

Thanks in advance!

Martyn

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.