Coupon or promotion code option at checkout?

SSBackdrops

So I see where there is an option to discount products on a paypal invoice... but lets say I'm having a big sale, or sent out several 10% off coupons to customers... is there not a way for customers to enter a coupon code or promotion code to receive a discount at checkout? If not there should be... I read something in the help section about only paypal and ebay has the ability to send out coupons... what's up with that? It's a pain in the butt to offer promotions or coupons when I have to find a backdoor to apply the discount. I don't want to have to manually send out invoices every time I have a customer with a coupon. Like right now I'm doing a buy 2 get 1 free sale, and that was pretty easy to backdoor - as long as the customers read the instructions to know to list the free product in the instructions box... but even that could be a lot easier. And I have a 10% off coupon out there right now, but the only way for them to redeem it is for them to email me their order with the coupon code and me manually send an invoice... again, a big ole pain in the patooty. Is there a solution or can paypal come up with a solution? I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask this question.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello SSBackdrops,

Welcome to the Forums.

You have a really good suggestion, with the simple PayPal buttons there is not an option to offer discounts as you know. In order to offer discounts with your buttons you can add advanced variables to the button code in step three. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

laneyb

I'm not sure how to integrate the discount variables into the paypal button.  Where in the paypal button code does the discount variable go?  Are there any tags that should be attached to it?  Where can i find detailed instructions on how to insert these variable?

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello laneyb,

You can add advanced variables to your button in step three where it says "Add advanced variables,"  you can find information on the PayPal Developer Forum about how to add code to offer a promotional code.

:smileyhappy:Misty

Login to Me Too

laneyb

I'm not sure how to integrate the discount variables into the paypal button.  Where in the paypal button code does the discount variable go?  are there any tags that should be attached to it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.