Country whitelist / blacklist

ddillert
New Community Member

Can I set up a whitelist for countries that I accept payments from? I want to group DE, AT, CH, LI for all the German speaking countries. I know that I can block payments from other countries in my account but was wondering if it was also possible to do this programmatically. Because otherwise - in so far as I understand - I would need to set up several accounts with paypal (one account per accepted country group). I basically want all customers from example-shop.de .at and .ch to have either one of the three as their residence countries and all customers from .co.uk need to be British. Is this possible with one account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello ddillert,

Welcome to the Forums.

The PayPal Business account does offer a free service called Fraud Management Filters which allows you to select what countries you would like to deny payments from.

Here is how you can review this information to see if this will work for you:

Log into your PayPal account, click Profile (under My account), scroll down and click Fraud Management Filters in the last section, click Edit Your Filter Settings, select deny from the drop down menu (next to Country Monitor), click edit, and select the countries you do not wish to accept payments from and save.

This is the only you can set this up from your PayPal account to select countries to deny payments, otherwise you are welcome to click here to be re-directed to the PayPal Developer Forum to see if they can further help you.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.