Collecting Contact Information

BSNM
New Community Member

Our business sells memberships to our organization. Is there a way to collect names/addresses/phone numbers at the time of payment vs. only collecting an email address for the purchaser? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello BSNM,

Welcome to the Forums.

Depending how you accept payments will determine what information you will receive when a payment is sent to your PayPal account.

Here are a couple examples:

• If the payment is sent to you as a personal payment through the buyers PayPal account - the seller will only see the senders name and email address.

• If the payment is paid from an invoice sent to the buyer's email address - the seller will see the buyers name, address, and email address.

• Payment is paid from a PayPal button - the seller will see the buyers name, address, and email address.  

I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

In addition to this; if you navigate to 'Profile' > 'My selling tools' > 'Payment preferences' you can set the 'Contact Telephone Number' to 'Required'.

This will ensure you'll get the buyer's telephone number during checkout.

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.