Choosing the right button - Donate vs Pay Now

richsidrip
Contributor
Contributor

Our business is an event venue, so our customers would pay based on the total contract price which I email them separately.  I want to give them the option to pay on our website, but they need to be able to type in the amount on their contract (similar to the way a donation button acts).  I can't figure out how to have the button say Pay Now, but for the customer to be able to type in the amount they want to pay.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello richsidrip,

Welcome to the Forums.

There is a way to create a button to allow your customers to pay based on the total contract price when you email them each separately. You can create a Pay Now button and put 0.00 in the price box and continue with creating the button. This will allow your customer to click on the Pay Now button you created, put in their contract amount, click update on the order summary page and continue paying the contract.

To create the Pay Now button you would select customize text and appearance (in step one, when creating the button)and select Pay Now instead of Buy Now.

I hope this makes sense.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

richsidrip
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, Misty, this is helpful. I will try what you suggested and see if this meets our needs.  Thanks so much!

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello richsidrip,

I am glad it was helpful. Let me know if you have any further questions. Have a good weekend.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.