Capture Item Price From Website and Carry into Payal Checkout?

szafranman
New Community Member

I have a website where the user logs in to see his/her invoices for the services my landscaping company renders. The invoice shows line by line charges and than a "Total". Well when the customer clicks on the "Buy Now" PayPal button it takes them to the check out page but does not show a, amount to be charged. Instead they are forced to enter the amount themselves. I would like to some how have the "Buy Now" button capture the "Total" and have it entered into the amount field. Is this possible? The "Total" is presented on my website through a ColdFusion Query.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bivens
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello szafranman,

With a Buy Now button the buyer will only enter their own amount if an amount is not specified when creating the button.  To have a static amount prefilled for the checkout one will have to be provided during creation of that particular button.  If your buyers will all be paying separate amounts they would have to have a button code pasted specifically for them if using a Buy Now button.  There may be shopping carts available that are capable of populating a customized amount, or maybe you could utilize the invoicing feature within PayPal?  With PayPal invoices you are basically emailing the invoice to your customer and they checkout from directly in the form that they receive, the same process as checking out with a Buy Now button.  You can create an invoice from the Request Money tab after logging in. 

Hope this helps!

JMB

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.