Cant cancel Virtual Terminal

Geoff813
New Community Member

The email from the automated voice system is no help as there is no such tag as "PayPal Monthly Billing" or "Pay List" in the Financial Information column

2. Click "Profile" at the top of the page.
3. Click "PayPal Monthly Billing" or "Pay List" in the Financial Information column.
4. Click to select the agreement you want to cancel, and then click "Cancel Agreement."
5. To confirm the cancellation, click "Cancel Agreement" again.

Neither are the prior instructions on the forum from 2009 and 2010.

I want to cancel VT TODAY or I'll turn it over to the NH Attorney General as Ive been trying for months to get out of this run around.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Geoff813,

Welcome to the Forums.

I am sorry you have not been able to cancel your Virtual Terminal, please try these instructions.

Here’s how to cancel Website Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click "Profile."
  3. Click "My money."
  4. Click "Update" beside "Billing Agreement."
  5. Click "Cancel Agreement."
  6. Click "Cancel Agreement" again.

I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Dental
New Community Member

I, too, have been trying to figure this out for a long time...and I think I did.  Try this:

1. My account

2. Profile - More Options

3. My Money

4. My Pre-Approved Payments - click Update

5. Make the "Paypal Monthly Billing" Inactive

I think that's it!  Very tricky of them not to call it "Virtual Terminal!"

Login to Me Too

amradesigns
New Community Member

I don't know if they have changed things in the last 2 weeks since this had originally been posted but, I had been looking and searching and I didn't have the "My Money " option. It was off to the right in a separate section under "Billing."  Then "Manage Monthly Billing" then make it inactive. Again, I don't know if they change things around to keep lass people from canceling their account or if my account was just different, but it was quite frustrating searching for something that wasn't in my account. Just an FYI for anyone else whose set up is like mine. Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello amradesigns,

Currently there are two separate profiles for PayPal accounts, we are in the process of rolling out the new profile out in phases. It sounds like you have the old profile, I am sorry it took you so long to cancel your billing agreement.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

lolaroja
New Community Member

like quite a few on this board, i have had a devil of a time cancelling my virtual terminal... i'm now 25 minutes into the process and i am appalled at the lack of integrity that paypal exhibits regarding this matter... want to cancel your terminal, dear valued customer? hah! you'll find NOTHING on your site about cancelled the terminal... you've first got to spend enough time to get totally frustrated, then come to this board, and then find out that there is NO provision for cancelling the terminal in the first place by taking five steps: 1. Go to my account 2. Click on profile-more options 3. Click on my money 4. Click on pre-approved payments 5. make the paypal monthly billing inactive... note that it's called "paypal monthly billing", not virtual terminal, which is not mentioned at all?

the original founders of paypal would NEVER have put up with this kind of b.s.... it completely lacks integrity, and it has lost paypal a LOT, if not all, of my loyalty (i've been using it since the beginning)... MY TIME IS VALUABLE!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.