Can a button be configured to allow the customer to enter the payment amount?

MKBRealtors
New Community Member

Hello,

I am brand new to using paypal in a business setting and need to be able to allow my customers to enter the amount they wish to pay in the button menu.  I am setting this up for a property management business, so the tenants need to enter their rent amount.  Amounts vary greatly, so adding lots of payment amounts on a pull-down menu would not work.  Can I configure one of the Pay Now or Buy it Now buttons to do this?

Thanks for any help given.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello MKBRealtors and welcome to the Community Robot wink

You can set up a Buy it Now or Pay Now button allowing your buyers to enter their own amount once they get to the checkout page.

Here is how: Log into your PayPal account, click Profile (under My account), click My selling tools, click update next to PayPal buttons, click Create new button, select Buy Now (under Choose a button type). In step one type in your Item name, in the Price box type 0.00 and continue to create the button.

When your buyers get to the checkout page they will be able to enter their own amount, click update and continue to check out.

I hope this helps.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.