Can I replace biz name on payment pages with a DBA name?

angryman
Contributor
Contributor

I signed up for a Standard business account the other day, and when filling out the application gave for thebusiness name the name we are registered with the IRS under, then gave the DBA name we actually use for the business which we will be using the Paypal account for. The "real" name of the business is an old one we don't really use anymore other than with the bank and the IRS, and customers familiar with the DBA name will not recognize so we would rather have it not used at all where the customers can see it., However PayPal seems to insist on putting it on the payment pages instead of the DBA name, and I can't find anyway to make it stop. 

Anyway I can change it, other than starting a whole new account from scratch?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angryman
Contributor
Contributor

Finally broke down and called PP by phone - 1st time I ever tried to call! I had heard so much negative I almost didn't bother. Got a  heavily accented lady almost instantly, who fixed me right up.

To change the biz name, you have to got to Overview>profile>more options>business info update

Now here is the fun part. You will see a number of items including BUSINESS NAME and BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON.  But  don't select BUSINESS NAME. That would be too easy and if you do, you get into a page that lets you change everything about the business  BUT the  name   You choose BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON/Change and it takes you to a page where you can change the business name.

It's interesting how much time I have wasted these last few days getting set up where the problem is just plain bad programming/labeling/directions on the part of   PP. I think a lot of the problem is I am spoiled by good programming, and it doesn't ever occur to me that if I a looking for something and don't find it where it should be, I should check all the boxes around it just it's in the wrong place. But I am slowly learning my lesson. It seems crazy that PP has a lady hired to sit by the phone to tell me where the thing has been misplaced, rather than PP just putting it where it belongs.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

angryman
Contributor
Contributor

Finally broke down and called PP by phone - 1st time I ever tried to call! I had heard so much negative I almost didn't bother. Got a  heavily accented lady almost instantly, who fixed me right up.

To change the biz name, you have to got to Overview>profile>more options>business info update

Now here is the fun part. You will see a number of items including BUSINESS NAME and BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON.  But  don't select BUSINESS NAME. That would be too easy and if you do, you get into a page that lets you change everything about the business  BUT the  name   You choose BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON/Change and it takes you to a page where you can change the business name.

It's interesting how much time I have wasted these last few days getting set up where the problem is just plain bad programming/labeling/directions on the part of   PP. I think a lot of the problem is I am spoiled by good programming, and it doesn't ever occur to me that if I a looking for something and don't find it where it should be, I should check all the boxes around it just it's in the wrong place. But I am slowly learning my lesson. It seems crazy that PP has a lady hired to sit by the phone to tell me where the thing has been misplaced, rather than PP just putting it where it belongs.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.