Buy now button

graphicart
Contributor
Contributor

I chose "services" with my buy now button since I'm teaching an online class.  It still asks for shipping information, which doesn't apply.  How do I do away with that?  Each one of my payments says "print shipping label," and there's nothing to ship.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

temp20140122
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There

I have posted answer for your question for you and my reader on my blog.

http://paypalian.blogspot.com/2009/10/buy-now-button-help-how-to-not-collect.html

I am also putting the same details here for your reference:

Let me know if it worked for you.

--------------------------------

There is a way to specify that you do not want to collect shipping address while creating the button.

Here are the steps:

1. Go to https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_wp-standard-overview-outside&nav=2.0.0
  2. Click "Create One Now" next to the button you want to create
  3. On the page "create paypal payment button" there are three steps
  4. In Step 1: Choose button type and enter payment details - enter 0.00 for Shipping
  5. In Step 3: Customize advanced features (optional) - (you will have to be logged in to access this step) - set "Do you need your customer's shipping address?" to "No"
  6. Create the button and save it if you'd like; and it will not ask your users for shipping information anymore neither will it ask you for shipping labels.

Thanks,

PayPalian

Login to Me Too

graphicart
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer, PayPalian--I went back to edit the button, and changed the amount to 0.00, but on page three it already said I didn't need my customer's address.  We'll see what happens when we get the new code!

Login to Me Too

graphicart
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, I just got another payment, with the new information included in a brand-new button.  Same thing, it still wants me to print a shipping label but there's nothing to ship.  Weird!

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi graphicart,

To edit what types of payments a Print Shipping Label button is provided for:

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
  2. Click "Profile" at the top of the page.
  3. Click "Shipping Preferences."
  4. Under "Display Ship Button", check the boxes next to the transaction types you would like to have the "Print Shipping Label" button displayed.
  5. Click "Save."

Amanda

Login to Me Too

graphicart
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Amanda, but some things I DO ship--will that change my entire account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.