Buy Now button fees

Jason-Popit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm new to paypal.

I just added the "Buy Now" button to my website. I saw were the fees are 2.9% + .30¢/month. I have $0.00 right now. If no one buys from my website for 2 months, will I still be charged? Do I only pay the fee after someone buys something? Also, is the fee taken automatically?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Jason-Popit,

You will  not occur a fee until you receive a payment. For example if you receive a payment for $100 you will receive a fee of 2.9% + .30 per a transaction, the fee will be taken from the payment as soon as it comes into your PayPal account. The available balance is what is avaiable after the fee. I hope this helps!

Misty

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Jason-Popit,

You will  not occur a fee until you receive a payment. For example if you receive a payment for $100 you will receive a fee of 2.9% + .30 per a transaction, the fee will be taken from the payment as soon as it comes into your PayPal account. The available balance is what is avaiable after the fee. I hope this helps!

Misty

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

2.9% of $100= $ 2.90 not.30 cents

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello 51435,

Yes you are right 2.9% of $100 is $2.90, however when a payment does come through PayPal's system you would be charged 2.9% of the total transaction and .30 for a total of  $3.20  for a $100 transaction.

Misty

Login to Me Too

somedaycame
New Community Member

Does this fee also apply or is it only the 2.9% +$0.30?  

8.6 PayPal Business Payment Fee. PayPal shall apply the following fee to each PayPal Business Payment:

ActivityPayPal Business Payment Fee

Sending or receiving*$0.50 USD per transaction
* The PayPal Business Payment fee is paid by the recipient unless it is disclosed to you before you send the payment that you, the sender, must pay this fee.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.