Buy Now Button code

FrgvFtprnts
Contributor
Contributor

I am making buy now buttons and am only getting HTML code.  I need the email URL code.  Did they stop giving both?  This account is new.  Could that have anything to do with the problem?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

FrgvFtprnts
Contributor
Contributor

I am using it for a google site.  If you know of a different way to get the button up that would work too!

Login to Me Too

joeypants
New Community Member

I just encountered this problem as well.  URL would be much easier.  I am having trouble just simply copying and pasting the code. 

I am pasting the exact HTML code into the BODY of the HTML part of the page and people are saying it isn't working unless they right click and 'Open In A New Window'

Anybody else here have idea? 

Login to Me Too

FrgvFtprnts
Contributor
Contributor
Glad I am not the only one. I threw in the towel and did the only thing that works. I made a donate button using the url. (Forgivingfootprints.org/contribute) If you have a commerce site 'donate' is out of the question unfortunately. What I use for my other business that is commerce is use a hosting site like prostores. It can run you $20+/ month though. I think google is trying to discourage using their sites for sales.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi FrgvFtprints, and welcome to the forums!

When you create a button with lots of options, HTML code is necessary to offer those choices. The email link will be available if you only use basic settings. Try making another button without selecting any of the variables, and the email link will be there for you at the end.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

FrgvFtprnts
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you Olivia. Unfortunately I need the variables. I will get by with the donate option for the time being. Thank you for your assistance. Happy New Year!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

FrgvFtprints,

Happy New Year to you too!

You might want to check out the PayPal Developer Forums when you have the time after your holidays are over. Someone may have already come up with a third-party solution that works for your request.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.