Buy Not and Pay Now buttons not working

twowheelin
Contributor
Contributor

Im having problems getting the PayPal created buttons to work. Ive read a number of posts and suggestions for correcting problems with Buy Now buttons working in frames. I'm not using frames at all, but am still seeing problems.

My test page now consists of only a <HEAD> and <BODY>,  with a PayPal <FORM...(button).. > inserted.  (NO Frames!)

When I click the PayPal "Pay Now" button in IE the following text is produced:

This content cannot be displayed in a frame

To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame.

What you can try:

Open this content in a new window

From a Firfox browser, I just get a blank screen.

I tried inserting "target="_new_window" into the options for the form tag, but it just opened a PayPal login screen. (Or my account summary if I'm logged in on that browser in another tab...)

I've tried both Buy Now and Pay Now buttons in IE and Firefox on 3 different OSs with similar results. The button text is straight C&P from PayPal into a raw text editor window, so there is no mangling of characters or formatting.

Any suggestions or ideas welcome!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

twowheelin
Contributor
Contributor

The key is to include the tag target="paypal"  into the Buy Now <form> tag that PayPal generates. (This is how the add-to- cart and view-cart buttons are coded.)

<form target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post"><input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick"><input...

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

twowheelin
Contributor
Contributor

The key is to include the tag target="paypal"  into the Buy Now <form> tag that PayPal generates. (This is how the add-to- cart and view-cart buttons are coded.)

<form target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post"><input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick"><input...

Login to Me Too

jabigabo
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue. It just recently started happening.
I have a .php page that contains the link for the call to the paypal service. Using the generated button

<form  action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">

Along with all the user specific payment options.

This link appears to just be a navigation link, but somehow its generating a frame that paypal or the browser does not like.

When a user clicks the button it used to direct them to paypal for payment.

As of last week, the button is now directing them to a "This content cannot be displayed in a frame" page.
Interesting thing is I don't have a frame anywhere on the page.  I assume the paypal button works correctly since it was generated on their site.  My temporary fix is to add target="_blank" at the end of the first form tag.

This works fine however if users have pop up blockers, the problem now beccomes that they can fill in all the data on the page, when they submit the form to pay it gives them the blocker warning. When they accept to allow pop ups from site, it then refreshes the page losing all their entered information. 

I tried adding the target="paypal" but that still requires the user to accept pop up.

Any help is appreciated.

Update:  I think I may have figured it out.  I have a call to code as onSubmit="return processData(this)">  This call must be triggering the pop up window blocker.  When I remove this code the redirect works fine.  Hm... now to figure out how to trigger the data process without triggering the popup blocker.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.