Buy It Now Button Not Working

WomensWeeklyWDC
Contributor
Contributor

We are trying to upload a Buy It Now button to our website in order to sell tickets to our upcoming event. We run on wordpress an d use C-forms to generate our form data. We typically have a separate information form and then the Paypal button undrneath so customers can complete their transactions. Everything seems to be in working order except that the button redirects the customer to their individual paypal account instead of to the page where they can input their credit card information and buy the ticket. Any ideas for solving this issue? Thanks so much!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Andy

WomensWeeklyWDC-  If someone trying to use the button has a PayPal account, in most cases it's gonna ask them to log in and not give them the option to just use a credit card.  This is because our system sees that their computer has PayPal cookies on it, knows they have an account, and wants them to use that.  The only way that they would be able to just use the card is if they cleared cache and cookies before trying to pay for the item.

That's the most common problem, so have your customers give that a try and if there's any problems let us know.

Andy

Login to Me Too

natel
Contributor
Contributor

I just added buy it now button to my site for the product and has coding in it which I copied from paypal.  Is not working because I did all these buy it buttons without signing to my paypal account ?  so do I need to sign in to my account and recreate buy now buttons again for it to work for testing.  It says to use sandbox to test my button.  Please help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

natel- I'm going to say yes on your question.  If you weren't logged into your PayPal account when you created the buttons, then our system has no way to reference your account when someone makes a payment. So you can test on sandbox, but you'll have to recreate the buttons on your real PayPal account.

Hope that helps!

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.