Buttons just don't work as generated...

angryman
Contributor
Contributor

I am having terrible problems getting my account to work, as the the buttons I create simply do not work as generated. I have been very careful to be sure I copy all the code, but the button creator for some reason just doesn't seem to be creating the necessary code. The bad buttons send the customer to the main PayPal login page (with the little girl) rather than to my payment pages.

Oddly enough, it did the first time I used it. I have been able to reuse that good code, by changing the necessary info in it each time, but it is a lot of extra work.

Comparing the one good bit of code I have with all  the bad ones, some of the bad ones have much less code. and are obviously faulty, but others seem to be almost identical to the one that works, and I am not smart enough to find the difference.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello angryman,

What are you using to develop the website? Some website editors stripe the PayPal HTML code which causes the button to not function properly. Let me know what editor / software you are using and I would be glad to try and figure out why this is happening.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Not applicable

I'm having the same problem. The strange thing is - it used to work just fine. I didn't change anything, but about a week ago started receiving multiple messages from customers that they can't get into checkout page - only to main paypal login page. What should I do?

Website in wordperss: www.PoleDancingUniverse.com

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello,

Welcome to the Forums.

Thank you for providing your website URL. I did go to the website and clicked on the link and it will infact go to the PayPal shopping cart, I am not sure if maybe you fixed the problem since you posted this message. However, here is a WordPress Simple Shopping Cart plugin that works well with WordPress. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Not applicable

Thank you. yes, I just created new buttons instead of the previous ones. They seem to be working fine.

Login to Me Too

Aurumj
New Community Member

I'm sorry but I need to ask a question and couldn't figure out how to do it here...I am selling ebooks via a blog (blogspot) and am using Paypal "Buy Now" buttons. About 2/3 of my buyers e-mail me and say nothing happens once they pay....they are supposed to be sent to an estore page where they can download the books. Are they missing the download option or is something wrong with the Button or code???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.