Add a note to the Shopping Cart (Payments Standard) page?

sullivanandco
Contributor
Contributor

Hey folks --

since PayPal doesn't allow a customer to choose a shipping method until after they've logged in to pay, is there any way to add a not on the Shopping Cart page? This seems like a basic feature, to be able to send a short message to a customer...

TIA!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello sullivanandco,

There is a way to create a add a note on the Shopping Cart page. If you are using PayPal buttons on your website you can add this option to step 1 as well as step 3 - add a text line. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

sullivanandco
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Misty --

By Step 1 do you mean "Choose a button type and enter your payment details" and Step 3 "Customize advanced features (optional)"?

If so, yes please -- what do I change?  Smiley Tongue

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello sullivanandco,

I am sorry to confuse you! You can "Add text field"  in step one under Customize button or you can add a message box in step three under Customize checkout page. I hope this makes sense.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

sullivanandco
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Misty --

unfortunately, neither of these really suits what I want. Text fields seem to be primarily a way to solicit information from the buyer, rather than simply inform them.

And in addition, neither of them is in the appropriate place. The first is at the "add to cart" step, and the last is immediately before purchase. What I need to do (and I can't imagine that I'm the only one in this situation) is tell my customers, when they can submit their ZIP code to calculate the subtotal, that they will be able to choose additional shipping options before they place the order.

I guess I have no choice but to add a note to the product page. It still seems like adding a seller's note to the cart page would be a no-brainer but I guess I didn't realize that the "basic" cart was as basic as it is.

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello sullivanandco,

I will have to agree the cart options are very basic. To get a little more advanced features than the cart has to offer a third party shopping cart would most likely have these options available. You can try Magneto, they offer a 30-day Free Trial - after the 30 day Free Trial there plans start at just $15 a month. I hope this will help.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.