Accepting credit card payments for random items?

Galane
Contributor
Contributor

I have a web store site setup with Zen Cart, connected to PayPal to take credit cards for items customers select from the store site.

Is there a way I can setup a page where I can enter the customer's card number and other info, as well as what the item and price are?

I'm going to a show in July and I need a way to take credit cards via an Android cell phone, preferably with a card reader but entering the number manually using my website through a browser on the phone would also work.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Galane,

There is a product called Virtual Terminal that would work great for what you are wanting to do. With the Virtual Terminal you collect your customers information by phone, email, fax or face to face and enter the information into the Virtual Terminal. After you receive an order, log in to your PayPal account and enter the credit card information. The payment appears in your PayPal Business account within minutes. You can apply for the service by logging into your PayPal account, click "Merchant Services," click "Virtual Terminal" on the left side of the page, click "Apply Now" and review “What are the steps to apply?” and “What do I need to know?,” click "Continue," enter your information and click "Agree and Continue," review the "Products and optional services" and click "Continue."

Once you get approved for the Virtual Terminal you can download an Android credit card app to your phone you can find more information here about how PayPal works with your mobile phone.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Galane
Contributor
Contributor

$30 a month? Plus a higher per-transaction rate than I'm already paying so people can use credit cards to buy through my web store right now, with the money going into my PayPal account?

Where's the advantage? I go to one or two big shows a year so I don't need to have this setup through a phone year-round.

I'm just looking for something I can install on my site, either standalone or as an addon to Zen Cart, where I can enter the product information and price for one-off sales without having to add a product with a quantity of One, sell it then have to go back into Zen Cart and delete it.

I could already do that through a web browser on any iPhone, Android phone, Blackberry and most likely Web OS. It might even be possible on the horrid excuse for a web browser I have on my old Palm Life Drive and I bet I could do it with a phone running Symbian OS - or any device with internet access and a web browser that supports the functions of e-commerce server-side software. I bet a good programmer could even write a remote admin program for really old computers like an Atari ST.

There must be something that uses what's already there, but with the addition of making the price and item an "on the fly" data entry without having to do an admin login to my site.

I tried upgrading to a Business account, but after having to dig deep to find the link to do the upgrade (it is NOT anywhere on the page I see right after logging in) it wouldn't do it because it replied I already have a Premiere account.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Galane,

The Virtual Terminal is $30 a month, however the service is a month to month service and can be cancelled at anytime. For example if you only need the Virtual Terminal for two months out out of the year you would only pay for those two months. There are no set up fees or cancellation fees.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.