API user name

chebukan
New Community Member

I had a shopping cart with godaddy which was cancelled. I have opened a new shopping cart and am trying to set up paypal payment. I have been asked to grant permission but when I entered the API username I get this messege: "This user has already been authorized. Please enter another API Account Name or go back and use 'Edit' if you want to add more calls to this user's authorization list". I've tryed to follow the instructions but have not gotten anywhere. I don't know what to do.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello chebukan, 

Welcome to the Forums. 

I am sorry you are having a hard time setting up your cart, that defiantly can be frustrating. My question to you is - are you granting third party access from the "Setting up API permissions and credentials" page? If not I would start there and if yes then it sounds like you are doing everything correctly - I would suggest you call PayPal directly and speak with the Merchant Technical Team to see what exactly the issue is. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.