API Credentials

Rob10
New Community Member

Having trouble getting API Credentials so that I can use Garage Pay. Under Accounts/Profile API credentials is not listed. Need to it to provide a signature to permit use of Garage Pay. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Rob10, 

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy 

With an Application Programming Interface (API), you can integrate PayPal's payment solutions with your online store or shopping cart. Find out from your shopping cart provider or web developer which type of API credentials you'll need.

To get started, you must request API credentials. Keep in mind that your account must first be verified.

Here's how to request API credentials: Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your Business account, Click 'Profile' near the top of the page, Click 'My selling tools,' Click 'Update' next to 'API access,' Under "Option 2", click 'Request API credentials,' Select 'Request API signature" or "Request API certificate,' depending on your shopping cart requirements, and then click 'Agree and Submit.'

If you choose API signature, you can copy the API username, password, and signature. Paste this information into your shopping cart configuration or administration screen, and then click 'Done.' You can view or remove an API username, password, or signature anytime.

If you choose API certificate, copy your API username and password and click 'Download Certificate.'
Save the file to your computer. Remember where you save the file because you'll need it later in your shopping cart set-up.

I  hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

LoubyLou
New Community Member

I'm having exactly the same problem.  However, when I open 'Profile' I don't see "My Selling Tools" as an option to click.  I am with Paypal.co.uk does this affect things?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello,

It may be called 'My selling preferences'. The section you're looking for inside it is called 'API Access'.

The direct link to this page is https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-api-access

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.