sudden spike in income

andreaswijaya
Contributor
Contributor
hi everyone, im from Indonesia and has been using paypal for two years. i've been selling physical product on Etsy for a while. 3 weeks ago, i opened a new store on Etsy (digital products), and as a result, there is a sudden change and spike in my paypal account. one of the payment i received is even being put on hold. and im quite worried that my account will be limited in the future due to this sudden change and increase. does anyone know what i can do to prevent this? thanks!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andreaswijaya 

Then increase these amounts in your business information settings:

Average transaction price

Average monthly volume

Percentage of annual revenue from online sales

Account Settings > About the Business > Business Information > Update 

Digital goods are high risk so make sure to self-insure by putting aside a % of each sale to cover disputes.

If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help you get your payment sooner:

• Add tracking information: If you provide tracking information from one of PayPal’s supported carriers in the transaction details page, your payment should be available 1 day after PayPal can confirm the delivery date. 

• No Shipping Info: If your item doesn't need to be shipped (e-books, piano lessons, etc.), mark the order as Processed and provide the required details.

• Buyer confirmation: A buyer will receive a notification email once you've uploaded the tracking number. When your buyer confirms they've received the item, the payment will be released immediately. (You can also ask buyer/sender to confirm receipt sending them the steps below.)

Here’s how (These options may not be available for some countries):

Seller/Recipient: Add tracking information, FIRST:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an Order Status: Processed or Shipped (with or without tracking info).

Buyer/Sender: To confirm you've received an item:

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Note: Not all purchases require receipt confirmation.

If buyer/sender does not 'confirm receipt', or PayPal wasn't able to 'confirm delivery’, you may have to wait up to 21 days for PayPal's system to release.  If its past 21 days, then you'll need to contact customer service, response may take longer due to Covid-19 situation.

PayPal will only limit to ask for more information about you and your business (ie. photo ID, bank/credit card statements, supplier invoices, tracking info, business documents, etc) to comply with regulations and cannot guarantee to be prevented. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

andreaswijaya
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker hi, i have done as you said and fill my business information. thanks for the help 🙂

per my situation, do you think that there's a risk of being limited in the future? or am i over-reacting?

i've even messaged them telling that there will probably be a spike in my income in the future although i only received generic reply from them.

this has been bugging me for a while :s

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.