refunds

claude76
Contributor
Contributor

Hi why does it take so long to get refunded been waiting over 5 weeks why should we wait so long is it not about time when you pay for something its put on hold until you recieve the item then the money is released to the seller and if item not recieved you get your money back instantley instead of waiting ages for disputes to be sorted out all you need to do is make sure anything delivered requires a signature.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@claude76 

Its cards', banks' policies. Not paypal's. Once PayPal processes the refund, its up to your financial institution clearing processes to credit your account unless you paid with PayPal balance and the seller had funds in their PayPal balance, its fairly instant, otherwise you'd have to wait 3-5 business days for the money to come out of the seller's bank account.

"is it not about time when you pay for something its put on hold until you recieve the item then the money is released to the seller"

This already happens with new sellers or on risky transactions. But with good trusted accounts...maybe not so much.

Disputes take time to resolve. PayPal tries to resolve them within 30 days but sometimes it may take longer depending on the circumstances of your dispute.

What if it was delivered but you didn't sign for it and you don't know who sign for it?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

claude76
Contributor
Contributor

paypal states for quicker refund to get seller to leave feedback which the seller did did not speed payment up

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.