recurring invoices automatically debiting

pisquared
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I want to setup a recurring invoice that charges a base amount plus what is owed for services and to automatically debit from their account.

I'm not sure if subscriptions can do this since its only allowed to increase by 20%.

What API should be using to handle this scenario?

Thanks in advance

dj

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pisquared 

Hi,

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/subscribe-step-...

You can do pricing tiers options via Prices with Options and can expand to use multiple buttons.

Say just for example, I run a fix it or cleaning company;.

I can charge $80 base + $40 for one hour of service total so the bill would be $120 a subscription and you can set a time duration: daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and I would set it for daily and send my employee to do one hour of work a day for this client.

I can make up to 10 of these options; $xx.xx base + $60 for 2 two hrs, and so on. 

You can even change your base amount but keep the added amount the same and play around with it that way along with time duration.

$80 base + $40 for 1 hour - Mondays (weekly) and so on.

$90 base + $40 for 2 hours - Tuesdays (weekly) and so on.

You can expand to multiple buttons like Mondays get their own button or even to other time durations.

If you like to include the expense of PayPal fees, the amounts would be set so you can easily determine the fee and include it.

For example: for $120 and you want to receive that amount, you'd have to charge $125 so base is $85 (instead of $80) + $40 = $125. The PP fee would be $3.93 to receive $125 so you would receive $121.07 with a little extra on top.

Use salecalc.com to calculate your fees. One can get quite creative with it.

This if you're not handy with code. This suggestion can be a seed to something suitable, quick and more on the easy side to figure out. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

pisquared
Contributor
Contributor

thanks sharpiemaker.

Not sure if this will help.

Let me be more specific

Each customer is charged a monthly fee and at the end of the month we calculate a total transaction fee which we would like to add to the customer's base fee.

Each customer would have subscription but the actual amount added each month fluctuates.  

Lets say the base is $28.00  for every customer.

Then Customer A gets an invoice on August 1st for $28.00 + Total Transaction  Fee lets say 123.89 so the total is $151.89

(which is > than 20% of the base fee)

Customer B: $28 + 3.44 = $31.44

etc...

Next month it could be completely different.

What I and the customer both want is that the total to be automatically debited from their PayPal account with any funding source.

Could your suggestion handle this.  Its not clear to me.

Thanks

dj

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.