"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

josessho
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this problem with my site https://www.batzeli.com/shop/toys/fun-balance-chairs-game/ . None of my customers are able to make any purchases.  Everything works fine up until the payment is supposed to be processed, and then they get this message.

I've read other cases, but it seems other solution don't apply to my website.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

MTS_Andre

Hi, ran tests on your website ading an item to the cart and checking out with PayPal but can't reproduce any error, attaching image.

Do you have any log of the error message, once you get the error if you can post the URL appearing in that moment in the top bar URL I can try to see if any log there. Or do you have specific test/steps how to trigger the error? so I can reproduce it and see why is returned?

Login to Me Too

josessho
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response. This is the link: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/hermes?token=2BG84491KS138964T&useraction=commit&rm=2&mfid=1519170990...

I also tested it buying one product with another Paypal Account and it worked, so the real problem appears after clicking on pay now (the last stage of all the process) and trying to pay with a credit card.

In adittion, when I tried to pay with a credit card, it forced me to create a paypal account if I wanted to complete the payment process. How can I solve this last issue since I expect some of my customers to pay with their credit cards.

Thank you very much for your help.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Hi, PayPal HTML Standard Buttons and ExpressCheckout offer the card payment where available while then you need a product desigend to accept card payments for each checkout.

PayPal Hosted Solution is designed to accept card payments but available only in some countries, you can check this link

Also Braintree, a PayPal company, could have a solution for your country, you can check this link

For the issue on the checkout it could have been a genuine bank decline, can;t see much in the logs for that specific case but you can check eventually with Customer Service. Technically the integration, in my testing, looks working and the decline/error is a bank decline not related to the integration.

Login to Me Too

laurinda1
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same error message and after contacting Technical Services, they recommended the following: 

Kindly change "Block Non-encrypted Website Payment" setting in your PayPal account. Please refer steps as per below:
  1. Login to your PayPal account
  2. Profile > Profile and Settings
  3. Website Payment Preferences
  4. Search for Encrypted Website Payments
  5. Change the settings Block Non-encrypted Website Payment from ON to OFF.

This worked in my case. Maybe it will be of help to someone else 🙂 

Login to Me Too

CharmsGlobal
Contributor
Contributor

You BEAUTY!!!

Login to Me Too

madfcat
Contributor
Contributor

@laurinda1 wrote:

I had the same error message and after contacting Technical Services, they recommended the following: 

Kindly change "Block Non-encrypted Website Payment" setting in your PayPal account. Please refer steps as per below:
  1. Login to your PayPal account
  2. Profile > Profile and Settings
  3. Website Payment Preferences
  4. Search for Encrypted Website Payments
  5. Change the settings Block Non-encrypted Website Payment from ON to OFF.

This worked in my case. Maybe it will be of help to someone else 🙂 

Setting Block Non-encrypted Website Payment to OFF doesn't work for me. I've even changed it to On and then back to Off. Still the same error.

Login to Me Too

Kishan2890
New Community Member

Im having this issue, I turned the Encrypt option off but keep getting "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." Been working at it for a few hours and its becoming quite frustrating....

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hi @Kishan2890,

Welcome to the Community!  For this situation, I would suggest you contact us to provide additional details.  To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.  I hope this helps.

Thanks!

MichelleW  

Login to Me Too

vijaymn
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem in my site.  "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." appears, when user tries to buy from my portal. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.