"Optional note with donation" does not work

John86y3
Contributor
Contributor

I created a donation button (by going to Paypal Buttons -> Donate).

Under "Get info from donors" I chose Yes for "Let donors send optional note to you with their donation?"

I pasted the code into my site.

The donate button works, but I do not see any option to send a note when I make a donation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

TinkerMill
New Community Member

We're having the same problem. Not only is the problem occurring with newly-created Donate buttons, but the ability for a donor to add a note seems to have been removed from the buttons that have been working correctly for several years. This is causing significant confusion with our donors and has already begun to measurably impact our fundraising capabilities.

Login to Me Too

Danielkaplan
New Community Member
Same here. Notes disappeared for donators. Is there a bug or a new config? Without this option, it's impossible to track donators.
Login to Me Too

mashbug1
New Community Member

We are having the same problem with a newly created donate button.  It's a problem for us because we are an animal rescue organization with special needs animals who are supported by donations, and our donors need to be able to specify which animal(s) they wish to support.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.