fee charged by Paypal for sale to Puerto Rican buyer

Jenifer9
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal took an additional amount from my account without first notifying me they were going to do this when I sold something to someone in Puerto Rico (from US address) .  I think they should notify me or label the transaction instead of just yanking it from my account without telling me what it is. Do other people have this problem?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Simon_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Jenifer9 

Thanks for joining the community! I am very sorry to hear that you experienced some unexpected charges.

I would recommend you to please visit the help center article related to PayPal Fees. This article will explain the various circumstances in which fees are charged, so hopefully you will find the answer to your question.

Thanks

- Simon

Login to Me Too

Jenifer9
Contributor
Contributor

yes, thank you for that faq referral re fees charged by PayPal. It explains the fee.  What it does not say, and what Paypal does not do, is LABEL the fee when they yank it from my account.  It should say something like "Transaction fee for out of country payment" or something. And since when is Puerto Rico a foreign country, it is a US protectorate. PayPal should do a better job of labelling such fees, is my recommendation.  Also, when they charge it to me, I think they should immediately send notification of the transaction, just like when an ebay postage fee is charged.  It seems slippery to  me, not doing any notifications. Do they think they can slide such a transaction by without question, opening themselves up to questions about what other fees they might be sliding out of peoples' accounts?  There is a class action right now against TD Bank for their dodgy transaction fee activities.  PayPal should take note.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.