eBay question

MarcosC8507
Contributor
Contributor
A couple of weeks ago I sold a camera lens, I sent the package to an address that the buyer gave me. and it is a mail locker, two weeks have passed and the buyer is not going to pick it up and the usps sent me a notification that if they don't pick it up, they will send it from Cielta to my address. My question would be: if the package is returned I have to make a refund and lose all this lost time or there is some way to get an amount for the shipping costs and things more.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

LadyBosley
Contributor
Contributor

If the tracking on ebay shows as delivered, then you have fulfilled all that is required. You have sent the item to the correct postal address, and it has been delivered, regardless of whether the buyer has collected it or not, that's sown to them. If that's the case then I am sure ebay will take your side .

You need to add the tracking number to the Paypal transaction, (if it's not already there), then you will be covered by PayPal seller protection.

If the tracking shows as undelivered, then I'm afraid you will have to pay return shipping etc, even though it's not your fault.

Have you tried to contact the customer to find out why they haven't collected the item?

Login to Me Too

MarcosC8507
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, I have sent two messages to notify the payer that his package is already in the mail, but he does not answer me, and I believe that the payer has put an address of some looker at the post office. and the message that appears in the usps application is: "Available for Pickup".
Login to Me Too

LadyBosley
Contributor
Contributor

If that's the case then you have fulfilled your obligation as a seller. There is nothing more you can do: you have posted the item to the correct address, and it has been delivered. If the buyer hasn't collected it, then that's their fault.

What I would do is check the tracking info is on the PayPal transaction, and then I would contact Ebay via chat, and tell them the situation. They will put an internal marker on the file, in case of any dispute from buyer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.