automatically pay eBay fees and reimbursements made under the eBay Money back guarantee

iqit
Contributor
Contributor

This is the message in an email I got tonight from Paypal. 

"You set up a billing agreement to automatically pay your eBay seller fees and any reimbursements repayments made under the eBay Money Back Guarantee Policy."

I have not recently set up any sort of agreement with Paypal.  So this looks like some sort of "forced change in paypal's rules".   

Have others received this message? It looks pretty standard, but it implies that I as a seller would gladly reimburse (automatically) any purchaser buying one of my training programs--which of course I would not do.    Automatic reimbursement is simply not the case, nor is it the case with any sort of training course offered at any college or anywhere else.  (Why?  Because it is simply too easy to copy the information in a training program, and simply ask for one's money back,  --in the process, getting the training program for free.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

This sounds like something you have agreed with Ebay instead of PAYPAL.

Ebay does have a 30 days MBG,money back guarantee program as part of its buyer protection.

Yo may want to review your Ebay account to see if yo have opted into this offering as an Ebay seller/

Offering service does not involve physical delivery ,if any of your customer files dispute with Ebay or Paypal or his cc issuer claiming he did not receive anything from you,you have no way to prove  by means of a tracking number from a commercial carrier that you have delivered such service.

proof of email,course instruction,vidoes,contracts are not proof of delivery and you will lose the dispute and Paypal/Ebay will return the money back to your customer.

you may want to consider choosing  a different payment method ,like cash ,money order,postal order .

also review Paypal seller protection,fee schedule and what is not covered under seller protection 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.