Working capital decline 2020 NEW CODE

Kaybee4577
Contributor
Contributor

So I’ve posted here like many others, confused and frustrated than loans are just not being approved anymore. Some people HAVE been approved after months of waiting, others are being denied three months later despite paypal assuring them there’s actually nothing wrong with their account and they should be eligible. Today I’ve had another new weird code. I was getting the same two everyone seems to be getting. But now, I can’t even enter my details to apply. I find the link via FAQ and instead of taking me to the page where you confirm business details, it now just declines me without even having the details filled in? Code <removed>. Anyone else had this?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

blupixel
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I've had the exact same code today too. No idea why, nothing on Google apart from this 😞
Login to Me Too

Kaybee4577
Contributor
Contributor
I thought it was so weird there was nothing on google too?!?
Login to Me Too

Dav1111
Contributor
Contributor
Same here, DLGJ0257, that’s a new one. I once again contacted PayPal messenger and got a blunt and basically “get lost” reply with a thank you for my interest in PPWC
Login to Me Too

Kaybee4577
Contributor
Contributor
Ok this seems even weirder then. There MUST be something going on with the system that means we are all getting this today? Have you seen anything on social media about the working capital farce that’s going on? I keep searching and I can’t see ANYONE talking about it? But their Twitter is so full of other complaints that maybe I’m just not seeing people discuss this?
Login to Me Too

johnpdaley2013
Contributor
Contributor

I was getting a denial code DLGJ0656 for the last month or so.  Now, today, July 2, 2020, I am getting error code DLGJ0257.  I just spoke to PayPal Working Capital customer support and they informed me they are aware of the problem.  He stated it is an internal glitch and they are aware of the problem.  He further stated he will add my account to be added to the list to be escalated for troubleshooting and to try again tomorrow.  I am sure this something that will not get fixed right away.  I am having nothing but problems with PayPal working capital.  I had two (2) previous loans and paid them both off with no issues.  I also have never had any disputes or charge backs ever.  Now when I pay off my loan and expect to be able to get another one, I get all of these stupid excuses and bogus error codes.  It is so messed up they treat good customers like this.  Even if I am only eligible for the same loan amount as the past two (2) or $1,500.00 each (which were both a joke to me),  I should be able to reapply and at least be approved for the $1,500.00 again without their stupid error codes.  I have paid PayPal thousands in fees and this is what I get?  I am taking my business elsewhere and they obviously do not care!

Login to Me Too

Kaybee4577
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for sharing that! It’s good to know that it is an actual system error and that they are aware. This whole working capital situation since March is awful. So many loyal PayPal customers who have paid tens of thousands a year in PayPal fees, just left to rot in the exact time they need supported most. Most online businesses are thriving, and to remove working capital access at this time is awful. Many of us were assured by PayPal that our accounts had no reason to be refused, and then we paid off the final chunk of our loans early in order to access capital again. Denied. With PayPal refusing to publicly acknowledge that something in the system is broken or changed. I feel awful for any business who is desperate for working capital that would enable them to alter their business model to work safely during covid too. Not us, but I’m sure others. So many small businesses who would have easily pulled through this crisis, will possibly now fold because PayPal has pulled the rug. And that just means less fees for PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Siberpower
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly!

Login to Me Too

Dav1111
Contributor
Contributor

I have been clearing 50k-70k in business through paypal every year (I know this is not huge but neither is it insignificant) and have had 6 loans and now being declined. I actually dont mind being declined but I would like a bit of honesty from PPWC and not to treat me like a fool and asking me to keep applying. I paid my last 6th loan off on May 30th. The Customer Service support is the worst I have ever encountered and this is a billion dollar company, I get better customer service at the local grocery store. Deny me for a loan but not with a code that none of their staff will disclose what it means.

Login to Me Too

Kaybee4577
Contributor
Contributor
This is exactly what I think. I get that they don’t owe me approval, but to decline based on ....nothing? There is an issue within the system and they should be transparent and public about it. So that people know where they stand and can stop hoping that today will be the day the system catches up. A company this large should not have such a big internal tech issue. And if it’s not an issue, and they’ve just clamped down and aren’t lending, they need to just admit that and let people know that there IS nothing they CAN do to be approved because PayPal isn’t lending.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.